Part-time (two days/week)
Words Without Borders seeks a Development Assistant to support the Executive Director in the organization’s fundraising activities and administration. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter who is able to manage a wide range of responsibilities while working collaboratively with a small team.
This is a great opportunity to develop fundraising and administrative skills in support of a dynamic literary nonprofit organization. This is a part-time position based in Brooklyn, NY.
- Manage contact database (Salesforce), including entry of gift and contact information, generation of reports, and creation of mailing lists for appeals
- Coordinate appeal and acknowledgment mailings
- Update grants calendar and track deadlines
- Track program statistics and outcomes for grant reporting purposes
- Work with the Executive Director to draft grant reports
- Provide key support in the planning and day-of execution of the annual WWB Gala and other events, including some evenings
- Conduct research on government, corporate, and foundation prospects
- Assist with general office management, including scanning, filing, mailing, scheduling meetings, and maintaining office supplies
- Communicate by email and phone with board members and WWB donors
This is an administrative job requiring a high level of attention to detail, organization, efficiency, and initiative. We will be looking for the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 2 years relevant work experience, preferably in administration or development
- Excellent computer (Word/Excel/Google Suite) skills, experience with social media, Mailchimp, and Photoshop desired
- Prior experience maintaining CRM database, with special consideration given to candidates with Salesforce expertise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and high attention to detail
- Demonstrated success in managing projects and taking on increased responsibility
- Demonstrated interest in international literature and cultural exchange
Start date: July 9, 2018
This is a two day/week hourly position based out of the WWB office in Brooklyn, NY, without benefits. Candidates must have the requisite permission to work in the United States.
To apply, please send a résumé, 1-2 page writing sample, and a thoughtful cover letter that outlines your relevant skills and how the position aligns with your career goals to [email protected]s.org with “Development Assistant” in the subject line. No phone inquiries, please.
Words Without Borders does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, nationality, marital status, parental status, military service, or disability. We are committed to pursuing equity and inclusion in our organization and seek candidates with diverse backgrounds that bring new perspectives to the field of international literature.
DEADLINE: June 29, 2018
Published Jun 12, 2018 Copyright 2018 Words Without Borders